This has to be one of my most favorite salads. This salad combines so many fresh ingredients, every fork full tastes like a bite of summer! Not only that, but it takes only minutes to prepare. It has a citrus dressing, where the sweetness of the orange perfectly balances out the strong flavor of the arugula and fennel.
I’m not sure why, but I’m a sucker for baby arugula. It has a strong enough taste you could use it as a topping on something (like paleo pizza), but is mild enough to use as the base of a salad.
I’ll admit, this is one of those recipes that the kids didn’t love. I think it’s more of an adult taste. But I loved it so much I’ve eaten it for three days in a row now!
Hover over this last picture to Pin this recipe now so you’ll have it for later!
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 3-4 handfuls of baby arugula
- ½ an orange, juiced
- ¼ C olive oil
- pine nuts
- Toss together the chopped fennel, chopped apple and arugula.
- Whisk together the orange juice, salt and pepper. While whisking drizzle in the olive oil.
- Toss the salad together with the dressing.
- Top the salad with the pine nuts and enjoy!