Chicken salad with a sweet and nutty sesame dressing.
I eat salad almost every day. It’s a delicious way to pack in a ton of veggies. I know I’ve posted a Chicken Salad recipe before, but in this one the dressing is slightly different, and I’ll admit I like it a little more. My other recipe is Whole30, and you can find it here. This one I made thinking more about balancing my macros (protein, fat and carbohydrates). In the dressing I used peanut butter powder, you can find the PB2 brand anywhere, even at Walmart. Or, you can use straight up peanut butter. I used rotisserie chicken, but you can also use my Simple Skillet Chicken. This is so straight forward I’m not sure what else to write about, other than deliver the recipe!
Nutritional Info (this is an estimate based on the exact ingredients I used and diving the recipe into 6 servings):
- ¼ C avocado oil
- 3 T cold pressed sesame oil
- ¼ C fresh lime juice
- 3 T peanut butter powder (PB2)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 C romain hearts, chopped
- 1 C red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs rotisserie chicken, deboned and chopped
- 1 C carrot shreds
- 1 sprinkle slivered almonds
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Toss salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Toss salad with dressing right before serving.