Cantaloupe is the new mango, and is deliciously fresh in this cold, fruit salsa!
Remember back in 2015 when mango was all the rage? It was in everything! Salsas, smoothies, salads, soups, you know, basically everything (and apparently things that start with the letter “S”). I know cantaloupe isn’t as exotic or sexy as mango. It’s probably the fruit your grandma served with every breakfast, alongside honeydew and maybe even grapes. Am I right?
But cantaloupe is not just for breakfast. It brings a new flavor to some of your favorite dishes…enter cantaloupe salsa. Yeah, it’s a lot like (ok, just like) mango salsa. Yes, I even added mango. But, cantaloupe adds a new layer of freshness and I’m really into it.
Top salads, tacos, burrito bowls and anything else you can think of with this cantaloupe salsa. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 C cantaloupe, diced
- 1 C pineapple, diced
- 1 mango, pitted and diced
- ¼ - ½ C red onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, finely chopped
- Stir together the cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, onion and cilantro. The measurements do not have to be exact. Add more or less onion depending on how strong yours is.
- Salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to combine. Serve cold.