This month has been filled with family parties and get togethers with friends. I haven’t posted a ton on the blog because we’ve been so busy. One thing I’ve learned is planning a meal for a ton of people (especially when they all have different food intolerances) the answer is NACHO BAR! We did this for a recent party and it was perfect. There is something there for everyone. And, this cranberry salsa is perfect to add to the lineup of dishes. It’s festive, so delicious and tastes surprisingly like regular salsa, just with a kick of the holidays.
I partnered with Artisan Tropic to bring you this delicious cranberry salsa. I love serving this salsa with a bowl of Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips. They just so happen to be Paleo Certified, Vegan, Gluten Free and have no preservatives or artificial flavors. But more importantly they are delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about this all over again! If you plan to serve this in a nacho bar, try adding pulled pork and guacamole. Also a plate of fresh sliced vegetables with lettuce and sweet peppers.
I hope you’re enjoying your holiday season. Stick around for a few more of my favorite holiday dishes!
- 1 package fresh cranberries (12oz)
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ red onion
- 1 Granny Smith (green) apple
- 1 orange
- 2-3 jalapenos
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 T honey (optional)
- In a food processor pulse to combine cranberries and lime juice. Set aside in a serving bowl.
- Loosely chop red onion. Cut green apple, removing the core. Cut peel off the orange and cut into large pieces. Cut the stems off the jalapenos. Remove the ribs and seeds. Remove the cilantro leaves off the stems. In the food processor pulse to combine the onion, apple, orange, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic and honey (optional). Jalapenos can vary in how hot they are. Try adding 1 pepper at a time, tasting with each addition to ensure it's not too spicy for your tastes. Add salt to taste.
- Stir all ingredients together in the large serving bowl and add salt to taste.
- Serve with Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips and enjoy!