It’s “Taco Tuesday” and these fish taco bowls will make your mouth happy! Whether you’re doing a round of Whole30, or just keeping your carbs low, these taco bowls will not disappoint! They’re pretty easy to throw together. They’re the perfect meal for this summer heat, since all the cooking will be done on the grill.
What makes these bowls reeeeeeally easy is buying most of this stuff premade. I used a coleslaw mix for my bed of greens. I also found pre-made pico de gallo, which makes this meal super simple to throw together. I always keep a jar of paleo mayo in my fridge. It’s one of my staples that I make often. Find my recipe for Paleo Mayo HERE.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe! Just hover over any of the pictures in this post.
Now if you look closely you’ll see the nice flavor crust on that fish. Oh my, it is delicious. The secret there is to not be afraid of the seasonings. The grill does magical things. I just eyeball it, and sprinkle the seasonings on. Don’t be afraid to add a little more garlic powder and chili powder than you normally would think!
I hope you enjoy these taco bowls as much as we did!
Now go get your Taco Tuesday on!!
- White fish filet
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- ¼ C paleo mayo
- 1 tsp coconut milk
- squeeze of lime juice
- cilantro, finely chopped
- cabbage coleslaw mix
- sweet bell pepper, chopped
- red onion, chopped
- pico de gallo
- Brush both sides of fish filet with avocado oil. Season both sides of filet with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Grill over medium heat for 5 min on both sides, or until fish is cooked thoroughly.
- Smash avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix paleo mayo with 1 tsp coconut milk and a squeeze of lime juice, adding enough milk to your preferred dressing consistency. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cilantro to taste (About ¼ tsp each seasoning). There should be enough dressing for 4-6 servings.
- Layer cabbage coleslaw mix with sweet bell pepper, red onion, pico de gallo, the fish filet, avocado and cilantro dressing. Serve and enjoy!