Tender chicken cooked in a creamy garlic parsley and ghee sauce.
I know things were quiet around here last week. We’ve torn into some home projects. We’re updating the entire top floor of our house and it makes life feel a little chaotic. I’ve been guilty of letting the healthy food slide and we’ve been eating out way too much. I’m feeling the effects, so this week I’m determined to eat healthier.
I made this garlic and parsley ghee chicken before we started into the project and I’m getting hungry just looking at the pictures. In the recipe where I call for coconut milk make sure you use the full fat straight from the can version. It was delicious, satisfying and felt a bit like comfort food. I served this with spaghetti squash to make things really simple (as written in the instructions). It would also go well with my Minute Cauliflower Rice or Broccoli with Romesco Sauce. Feel free to browse my other SIDE DISHES to get a few more ideas.
Find the recipe below. Just hit the print button. Or, hover over any picture to PIN this recipe for later.
- 6 Tbsp ghee
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 C fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 12 chicken tenders, boneless and skinless
- ½ C coconut milk
- ½ C chicken stock
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven to 425 deg F.
- In a small food processor combine ghee, tapioca flour, garlic cloves, parsley and lemon juice. Reserve a few sprigs of parsley for garnishing. Pulse until well combined.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in an oven proof skillet. Add chicken and cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until outside is golden brown. Chicken will probably be pink in the center, but will finish cooking in the oven in a later step.
- Pour coconut cream and chicken stock into skillet with the chicken. Top the chicken with spoonfuls of the garlic parsley ghee.
- Place skillet in a preheated oven and bake for 15 min.
- While chicken is cooking prepare the spaghetti squash.
- With a steak knife poke several holes around the spaghetti squash. Cook it for 5 min on high in the microwave. Rotate the squash and cook for 5 more min in the microwave. Press rind in several spots to test for softness. If the majority of the rind "gives" to the touch then it is done. If the rind is hard then rotate the squash and cook for 3 more minutes. Repeat until most of the rind gives to the touch.
- Allow spaghetti squash to cool. Cut squash in half. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Scoop out the spaghetti squash and discard the rind.
- Serve the squash topped with chicken tenders. Top both dishes with the remaining parsley finely chopped.