Grilled chicken layered with lettuce, pico de gallo and guacamole all on corn tortillas.
Mexican food might be where all diets converge, and they’re the safest thing to feed a crowd. Not eating grains? Skip the tortilla, layer with extra lettuce. Need more carbs? Add black beans and/or rice. Love dairy? Add cheese or fat free Greek yogurt as sour cream. There’s truly something here for everyone.
I kept these really, really simple and bought premade pico and premade guac at the store. The only food prep I did was grilling the chicken. Side note, grill extra chicken and you have your meat for the rest of the week. Think salads, sandwiches, or simply chicken with veggies. You can easily throw this dinner together in about 15 minutes which makes this a great mid-week standby. I also didn’t measure out the seasoning, I just sprinkled everything generously on the chicken straight from the spice jars. I hope this meal makes your week go easier! Find the recipe below.
- 1 lb chicken breast or tenders
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- chipotle powder
- cooking spray
- 10 small corn tortillas
- handful of lettuce, thinly chopped
- 1 C fresh pico de gallo (store bought)
- ½ C guacamole (store bought)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Generously sprinkle the garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, chipotle, salt and pepper onto the chicken. Spray chicken with cooking spray (I prefer olive oil spray). Grill chicken over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- When chicken is almost done, warm tortillas on the grill.
- Slice the chicken on a diagonal. Layer tortillas with lettuce, chicken, pico de gallo and guacamole. Squeeze a bit of lime on the top and serve while warm.