If you’ve been reading my blog for any amount of time you’d know I always go for recipes that are simple, delicious and healthy. It sounds like a short list of criteria, but when you look beneath the surface what it really means is: I can make it in about 30 minutes, my entire family will eat it (ages 6, 11 and 14 plus 2 adults), made from scratch, easy to source ingredients, affordable, and made from whole foods only.
This tilapia is about as simple, quick and delicious as it gets. This is the meal I know everyone will eat, and we NEVER have leftovers. This is also fool-proof seafood. If you follow my instructions you’ll end up with the most delicious, tender, juicy, fall apart on your fork tilapia. Trust me when I say only 5 minutes of grilling. I look at it this way, you can always throw it back on the grill, but you can never undo overdone! 🙂
I should mention my favorite Tilapia is from the frozen meat section at Costco. (No that isn’t a paid endorsement.) I’ve tried other brands of Tilapia, which have been every bit as tasty, but the ones from Costco seem like the best value, and are really thick. I’ve tried Walmart’s, but the filets were so thin they almost disintegrated on my grill!
The recipe is called out for 1 serving, simply multiply it by the number of people you’re feeding.
xo ~ Tiffany
- Handful of asparagus
- Handful of mini sweet bell peppers, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tilapia filet
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp melted butter or ghee
- Warm oven to 450 deg F. Chop the ends off asparagus. Toss asparagus and bell peppers on a cookie sheet with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables for 5 minutes, then toss and cook for 5 more minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Season tilapia with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Brush tilapia with melted butter or ghee.
- Grill tilapia over medium heat for 5 minutes. Ensure the buttered side is down on the grill. While the first side is cooking season the top side with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Brush the top side of the tilapia with butter or ghee. Cook the other side for approximately 5 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Serve tilapia with roasted vegetables and enjoy!