Fall can be tricky, and somewhat sneaky. One day its rainy and cold, and all I want to do is curl up in front of the fireplace slurping bowls of delicious soup. The next day the sun is out, its blazing hot and I’m immediately thrown back into summer mode. On these warm fall nights firing up the BBQ is the perfect thing to do. These Hawaiian Chicken Skewers are an easy and simple dinner to have while pineapple is still in season!
Don’t forget to pin this for later! You’ll be so happy you did! Just hover over any picture.
- 1 pineapple, chopped into 1 in chunks
- ½ C coconut aminos
- ⅙ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ T grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- Cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor add ½ C of the chopped pineapple, coconut aminos, yellow onion, garlic, ginger and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Chop the chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks. Put the chicken with the marinade into a container and allow to sit for at least a few hours (up to 24 hours if refrigerated).
- Thread chicken, the remaining pineapple, and cherry tomatoes onto skewers.
- Grill skewers over medium heat. Rotate skewers every 3-5 min so sides are cooked evenly.