Creamy and warm chai latte made with spices you probably already have in the cupboard.
I’m pretty sure that my food moods are 87% directly correlated to the weather. I figured that out with complete scientific methods, of course. 😉 All kidding aside, the deliciousness of this chai latte is no laughing matter. It’s like fall and winter in a cup. It’s the best parts of spicy, creamy and foamy all mixed together. And with that, all I want to do is finish blogging about it so I can curl up in front of my fireplace with a good book and a cup of this latte. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 4 C water
- 1 Tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Ground all spice
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 C almond milk
- ¼ C coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 Tbsp honey, or 1 date pit removed
- In a medium sauce pan bring the water to a boil. Lower the temperature to medium-low and stir in spices. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Allow spices to settle to the bottom of the pan while simmering and do not disturb.
- Pour approximately 3 cups of the spice water into a blender, leaving most of the spice sludge in the pan.
- Put the almond milk, coconut milk and honey into the blender. Pulse for 10 seconds. Pour into cups and add a dash of your favorite spice to the top. Serve warm and enjoy!