*This post may contain sponsored material or affiliate links, thanks for your support!*
Spaghetti squash layered with sliced turkey, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and red peppers, all topped with a basil vinaigrette.
I’ve heard 2017 might be the year of the buddha bowl, and I’m going to agree! I’m a big fan of throwing delicious things into a bowl and calling it a meal. Here I put an Italian spin on these buddha bowls of goodness. The idea is to balance out your protein, fat and carbohydrates in the bowl. It’s so convenient because you can easily add as much or little of any one ingredient to fit your own specific macro needs and still feed your entire family at the same time.
I started with a bed of spaghetti squash and added this Jennie-O Hickory Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Breast. I love this turkey because it comes seasoned and already cooked. All I have to do is warm it up!
And I need to just say….if you missed my SPAGHETTI SQUASH CARBONARA recipe, you need to head there next because it is awesome. I’ve had so many people tell me it’s one of their favorite recipes and is now in their regular recipe rotation. Makes me so happy to hear that!!
Ok, back to Italian Buddha Bowls 🙂
I added sauteed red peppers, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and a basil vinaigrette I whipped up. I kept the vinaigrette pretty thick with all that basil. It’s alllllllmost like pesto, but with a bit of balsamic vinegar.
This is so easy I feel guilty posting it as a recipe! You can make as many servings as you like, but with a single spaghetti squash and turkey breast the most you’ll get is 8 average size servings. It makes for an easy meal that is so delicious! I hope you like it.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- ¼ C pine nuts
- ½ C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Jennie-O Premium Portions turkey breast
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- sun dried tomatoes
- artichoke hearts
- Use a sharp knife and poke several holes in the spaghetti squash. Microwave it on high for 5 minutes. Rotate the squash and microwave it for 5 more minutes. Repeat rotating and microwaving for a few minutes until each side of the squash will dent in to the touch. Allow to sit and cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a food processor pulse to combine the basil, pine nuts, olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Thinly slice the turkey breast and warm it in a skillet over medium heat. Remove turkey and set aside.
- In the same skillet warm the red peppers, tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. With a fork, scrape out the squash and put a portion in the bottom of the serving bowls.
- Layer the turkey, peppers, tomatoes and artichoke hearts in the bowls. Top with basil vinaigrette and serve while warm.