This post contains affiliate link(s) and/or sponsored content. Thanks for reading and thanks for all of your support!
A delicious skillet breakfast filled with crispy kale, turkey sausage and eggs.
When I mentioned in my last post that I’m cooking everything in a skillet lately, I wasn’t joking. Something about cooking an entire meal in just one pan makes me happy and takes the stress and time out of cooking and clean up.
This kale & turkey sausage skillet is a tasty way to add some greens to your breakfast. If you saw my skillet before I cooked down this kale you would die. It was overflowing and I had a rough time keeping all the kale in the skillet while trying to turn it over. I love how kale gets a nutty taste when you sauté it like this. It goes perfectly with this new Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage and eggs. I’ve teamed up with Jennie-O to bring you some delicious new recipes. This meal was so satisfying and lip smacking good!
I should also mention this breakfast takes under 15 minutes to make. Literally.
Five minutes to brown the turkey, five minutes to cook down the kale, and 3 minutes to get a runny yolk on those eggs. You can’t beat that! Find the printable recipe below, or hover over any image to pin!
- 1 package Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6oz kale, or 6 large handfuls
- 4 eggs
- red pepper flakes
- Warm a skillet over medium heat. Put turkey sausage into skillet and break apart with a spatula. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until browned all the way through, stirring and breaking apart meat while cooking.
- Remove sausage and any liquid from skillet. Warm oil in skillet. Toss kale in oil and cook for a few minutes until it slightly wilts and is coated with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ½ of the cooked turkey sausage back to the skillet. Crack 4 eggs on top. Add about ¼ C water to the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes for a runny yolk, or continue to cook until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve while hot!