Wednesday. I’m not sure why, but it’s probably my least favorite day of the week. It’s the day right smack in the middle of all the madness. Seems like all my kids have the most homework on Wednesdays, there are more chores to do around the house, and I’ve lost my Monday steam. It’s Wednesday.
What I need are some no-nonsense meals that can be put together in minutes and that don’t dirty every pan or dish in my kitchen. This Kielbasa Asparagus Skillet is just that, a no-nonsense, one pan meal that takes only minutes until it’s hot and ready on the table.
Wednesday…we can do this!
And happy day, Pederson’s Natural Farms is now making sugar-free kielbasa! It’s really delicious; I used it in this dish. They sent me a sample and it’s going to become a staple in my kitchen. Hopefully it will show up soon in a health food store near you, like Sprouts! You’ll notice there is no sauce in this dish, and that might scare or surprise you. There is so much flavor in the kielbasa and garlic you really need no sauce. I promise! If it’s killing you, and you absolutely need to add sauce, try a splash of coconut aminos. Let me know what you think!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs asparagus, chopped
- 1lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Kielbasa Link (approx. 1 lb), sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add yellow onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in chopped asparagus (I discarded about 1-2 inches of the fibrous bottom of the stalk), stirring asparagus occasionally. Cook for approximately 3 mintues.
- Stir in sliced mushrooms and kielbasa. Continue to cook until asparagus and mushrooms are cooked to your preferred softness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.