This post contains sponsored content and/or affiliate links.
Creamy fruity fluff, perfect for the upcoming Super Bowl game!
This might be one of the very first treats I’ve posted here on Whole Fork! I love those whipped cream fruity salads my mom makes on occasion. I thought, there must be a way to make something similar, but diary free. And yes, there sure is!
We love eating this as a dip served with Cinnamon Plantain Strips from Artisan Tropic, who sponsored this post. The cinnamon pairs perfectly with the pineapple and banana!
In the recipe I call for whipped coconut cream, and I walk you through the whipping process in the recipe. Choose a brand with very few ingredients, and that is sold in the can. Canned coconut milk is about ½ coconut cream and ½ water. The coconut cream will whip up into a dairy free whipped cream, and it is delicious!
I have found when buying coconut milk if I do a little shake test I can tell if the cream will separate from the water. Gently shake the can and if you can hear and feel the liquid sloshing around it is pretty well mixed and might not separate very well. If it feels and sounds solid it’s already separated. The cream has solidified at the top preventing the water below from sloshing around. You want to pick those cans!
All other tips and instructions are in the recipe. I hope you like this one! And let me know in the comments how you feel about seeing more whole food treats here on Whole Fork!
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 ripe banana, finely chopped
- 1 C pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 bag of Artisan Tropic Cinnamon Plantain Strips
- The night before stick the cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator. A few minutes before you make this dish stick your mixing bowl and beaters (from a hand mixer) into the freezer.
- Carefully open the cans of coconut milk without shaking them. Scoop off the cream layer from the top and place it in the chilled bowl. Use a hand mixer with chilled beaters on the low setting to mix the cream. It will probably break apart in chunks at first. As soon as the large pieces start to mix, switch to a high setting and whip the coconut cream until it forms peaks. This should only take a couple minutes. Mix in vanilla (if desired).
- Fold in pineapple and banana. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Serve with Cinnamon Plantain Strips and enjoy!