November is here, and if you’re anything like me you’re already thinking of what to make for Thanksgiving. That’s right, let’s get this holiday party started now! One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is I feel like it’s focused more on traditional foods rather than a bunch of candy (ahem…Halloween). Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should be skipping the desserts. That’s definitely NOT what I’m suggesting (haha, heavens no!). But we can all eat delicious amazing food all while sticking to our health goals, and we don’t have to fight with our kids over not eating a sack full of candy all at once.
These roasted apples with pecans feel so indulgent, yet are healthy, and so tasty! They taste somewhat like apple pie and smell so decadent. The pretty burst of pomegranate adds a sweet crunch. These are definitely a crowd pleaser, and feel more special than your ordinary desert.
Pin this recipe to your holiday board by hovering over any picture.
Happy Holidays, xo – Tiffany
- 5 apples, sliced in half
- 4 Tbsp ghee
- handful of pecans, chopped
- pumpkin spice
- pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 375 deg F. Use 1 Tbsp softened ghee to grease baking dish. Melt the remaining ghee in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Scoop out the core of apples with a spoon. Place apples cut side up on the baking dish. Brush ghee generously on each apple.
- Fill the apple core with chopped pecans.
- Generously season the apples with pumpkin spice.
- Drizzle any remaining ghee onto the apples. Bake for 30 – 45 min until apples are easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will depend on how ripe the apples are.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.