We had a few little pumpkins around Halloween, and somehow they’ve stayed fresh all this time. I decided I should make something out of them instead of letting them go to waste. My 6 year old desperately cried out “you’re killing our pumpkin!?”, when he saw me cutting one up into pieces for this dish. I guess this means we’re never raising chickens or any other farm animal. He’ll quickly become vegan! And now he sees me as the killer of fall holiday happiness. Great.
All squash cruelty aside, you know a dish is good when your teenager asks for more. This picture just doesn’t do this roasted pumpkin and mushrooms justice, but these two make a delicious combo! I hope you enjoy it just as much as we did.
- 4 Tbsp ghee
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 2 pkg of sliced mushrooms
- 1 small pumpkin, cut into large bites
- In a sauce pan melt ghee over medium heat, add fresh garlic.
- Toss mushrooms in ghee until evenly coated.
- On a baking sheet (lined with parchment) toss pumpkin with mushrooms and ghee. Spread everything out into a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Season with salt, pepper and a light dash of dill.
- Roast at 450 deg F for about 30 min turning vegetables halfway through.
- You can eat pumpkin with or without skins.