Teriyaki and pineapple meatballs sautéed with sweet peppers, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms.
You know those nights where hitting the drive thru seems like the only way you’ll make it through dinner time? Well, the drive thru isn’t the only place you’ll find “fast food”. This meal will come together in under 30 minutes, and it is delicious! It’s so tasty that every single one of my kids gobbles it up without complaint. Yep, it’s that good.
If I’m in a major rush I serve the stir fry by itself. It already has plenty of vegetables in it, no side dishes are necessary. And bonus, then it becomes a one-pan-meal.
If I want a little variety I usually add my Minute Cauliflower Rice.
I used Aidells Teriyaki Meatballs in this stir fry, which I find at Costco. No, this isn’t an ad or sponsored post in any way, we just really love these meatballs. Costco or Aidells doesn’t know who I am. Ha Ha. The meatballs are so tasty I literally don’t have to add any sauce to this dish. I cut the meatballs into 4ths to make them more bite sized, and so you don’t eat your entire portion of meat in just 3 or 4 bites.
This recipe is one I keep on my list of regulars. I typically have all the ingredients on hand, so I’ll use this recipe as a backup meal for when I’m not in the mood to do any serious cooking. I don’t even include it on my weekly meal plan, I just know I always have these ingredient. I usually store the meatballs in the freezer, so I literally can keep them on hand all the time. They’ll defrost pretty quickly in the package (cardboard label removed) in some hot water.
Find the recipe below, I hope you like it as much as we do! What meals are on repeat in your house?
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 2 C broccoli, chopped
- 1 C carrot shreds
- 20 Teriyaki Pineapple Meatballs, cut into 4ths
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 C pineapple, cut into chucks
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm olive oil. Stir in onion and allow to cook for a few minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Stir in garlic and allow to cook until it becomes fragrant.
- Add bell peppers, broccoli and carrot shreds to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in meatballs, mushrooms and pineapple. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables have reached desired softness. Meatballs have been precooked, so you're only heating them up here.
- Serve stir fry as is, or with our Minute Cauliflower Rice.