I haven’t been posting many of my breakfasts lately, basically because it’s been THIS breakfast on serious repeat. A small piece of meat + sautéed veggies + 2 steamed eggs + hot sauce + fruit. Sometimes with avocado, sometimes not, depending on if I have any ripe ones on hand. I chase all that with a glass full of cold water. It’s like a major case of Groundhog’s Day, but it’s easy, delicious, and seriously satisfying.
The meat and veggies vary depending on what leftovers we have. Here I’ve used pulled pork (seasoned with salsa, cumin and chili powder) that was left over from the taco salad we had the other night. The veggies were some left over pico de gallo (again taco salad night), sautéed sweet peppers, onion, and mushrooms that were a side dish from some other meal. All that served with 2 eggs, avocado and hot sauce and the whole thing tastes completely different. I don’t feel like I’m eating left overs.
Here’s how I do this:
- Add meat and veggies to a skillet and warm over medium heat. If they’re somewhat dry I add olive oil, and a few splashes of water.
- Crack open a couple eggs on top and cover with a lid. Allow eggs to cook for about 5 min for a medium yolk. This steams the eggs so you don’t have to flip them.
- Serve with salsa, hot sauce, avocado, guacamole, whatever sounds good!
- Season with salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
Other delicious combos I’ve tried (alongside the 2 eggs):
- Aidelle’s chicken sausage + sautéed asparagus
- BBQ pulled pork + sautéed sweet red peppers
- Shedded sweet potato + sundried tomatoes + fresh basil
- Leftover steak + fresh tomatoes + hotsauce + tsp BBQ sauce
- Leftover pork roast + leftover steamed carrots + rosemary
Pin this Perfect Paleo Breakfast idea just by overing over any of the images and clicking on the PIN icon.
Now, you get the idea! meat + veggie + 2 eggs + sauce + spices/herbs = totally delicious and satisfying breakfast. Most of these combos will also work if you’re doing a round of Whole30, just make sure you check your labels on any sauces you use and make sure their Whole30 compliant.
What breakfast combo is your favorite?
xo – Tiffany