Veggies all wrapped up in deli turkey. It’s a family favorite when we’re on-the-go!
I can’t tell you how many times a week we’re eating in our car and not at home. Most weekends we’re dashing off to some campground, mountain, national park or ski resort. This weekend we’re headed out for white water river rafting. To say we’re “outdoorsy” is somewhat of an understatement. If you aren’t an outdoorsy person these wraps are also perfect to pack to work, put in a kids’ lunch, or to just eat at home when you don’t want to cook.
In the past on our way to our next adventure we’d go through a drive thru and I wouldn’t think twice about it. Now that I’m eating clean I’m trying to pack most of our food with us. Besides health, the other bonus is it’s a LOT cheaper to bring your own food. And we arrive at our destination a lot faster because we aren’t stopping to eat.
I feel a little silly calling this a recipe because there’s no cooking required, we’re just assembling basically a sandwich without the bread. The trick here is to pack these with less veggies than you think so the turkey will hold in a wrap. Use 1-2 slices of turkey per wrap if you need to.
Printable recipe below, and hover over any picture to pin this for later!
- 6-12 slices of deli turkey
- handful of spring mix
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 2-3 scallions, long slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 toothpicks
- Lay 1-2 slices of deli turkey down (2 slices if they're thin). Layer spring mix, avocado, sweet pepper and scallions on top of the turkey.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the veggies. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each wrap to taste.
- Fold the turkey over to close the wrap, and insert a toothpick to hold the wrap closed.