Let’s face it, eating clean around any holiday is hard. Especially holidays centered around CHOCOLATE!
It’s okay to admit that, we’re humans. And chocolate, is…well…chocolate. So, my approach is to squeeze in as many clean foods as possible, and still make the healthy stuff fun for the holiday. Then when I choose to have a treat, I know I’ve already filled up on healthy foods. My treat is just a treat, and not my main course. This is winning.
These veggie shooters filled with organic red carrots and red peppers are totally clean, and admit it, they’re totally cute. They’re perfect for a fun appetizer for that special Valentines dinner, in your sweetheart’s lunch box, or as your kid’s after school snack. And dipping anything in Paleo Ranch is also a win.
Use my DIY Paleo Mayo recipe in the ranch. Find that recipe HERE.
What are you making for your Valentines?
- 1 C Paleo Mayo
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2-6 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 red, organic carrot
- 1 red, organic sweet pepper
- 1 orange, organic sweet pepper
- To make the ranch dip mix mayo, garlic, onion, and dill together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust any of the seasonings to your taste. *really I do this by taste every time!
- Mix a small amount of coconut milk into the ranch to thin to your preferred consistency.
- Thinly slice the carrot and sweet peppers into sticks.
- Put about 1 Tbsp of ranch into 6 shot glasses.
- Divide the carrot and sweet pepper sticks among the shot glasses and serve chilled.
- Remaining ranch dressing will last in the refrigerator for about 1 week.