A delicious warm salad perfect for fall with spiralized beets, scallions and crushed pecans.
Sometimes it’s hard to come up with new ways to cook and eat vegetables. I’m definitely guilty of having a few vegetable side dishes that are frequently on rotation. Adding these colorful beets is a surefire way to kick things up a notch in the veggie department.
This dish can be done a couple different ways, either using pre-cooked beets (I find them at Costco) or using raw ones. Here I used the pre-cooked ones, which means I don’t have to peel them and the cook time is a lot faster. I spiralized them using the large round noodle blade. I’d recommend if you’re using raw beets to use the smaller noodle blade and the cook time will go faster. Find my favorite spiralizer HERE.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase products through those links Whole Fork earns a small commission. This in no way changes your purchase price. Thanks for your support!*
Print the recipe below, or hover over any image to pin this recipe. You know you want those beautiful purple noodles in your Pinterest feed!
- 1 T avocado oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb beets, precooked and spiralized
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- ¼ C crushed or chopped pecans
- 1 T fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Warm avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook shallots in oil until they turn translucent and slightly brown. Remove shallots and set aside. I remove shallots so they don't turn red from the beets. This is optional.
- In the same skillet warm olive oil. Toss beet into oil and cook for about 1 min until they're hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in red wine vinegar and shallots.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pecans and parsley. Serve while hot.