When you need a delicious side dish to go with just about anything this is a winner! Zucchini trifolati is a traditional Italian side dish that is healthy and flavorful. Trifolati refers to the combination of olive oil, garlic and parsley. Simple, yet delicious.
Not only is this the perfect side dish, but top it with my RAGU recipe and you now have yourself a main dish. If you made the ragu a few days ago, you can easily make this zucchini trifolati to whip up dinner in just minutes. You’re welcome. 😉
- 2 lb zucchini
- ¼ C olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, then cut in half lengthwise, and again lengthwise to cut the zucchini in quarters. Then cut the zucchini crosswise into slices.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Press the garlic into the oil and allow to cook until fragrant. Toss the zucchini in the oil to coat evenly, sauté for 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is soft. Stir often. Remove zucchini from pan and top with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serve with ragu to make this a main dish.